- Republic of Cyprus
- Bank of Cyprus Medical Foundation
VISION AND MISSION
- To address and treat cancer through state-of-the-art services.
- To collaborate with State hospitals, private clinics and patient associations.
- To develop initiatives and participate in cancer prevention and early detection programmes.
- To develop research and educational programmes.
- To establish and strengthen scientific relations with renowned oncology centres .
- To become a referral centre in the broader region.
BOARD OF TRUSTEE
- Lazaros Savvides – Chair
- Theodosis Tsiolas / Panagiotis Sentonas
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health / Dr. Olga Kalakouta
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance / Loucy Herodotou Mouskou
- Michalis Persianis
- Charis Pouangare
- Artemis Pantelidou
FOUNDATION OF THE CENTRE
The agreement between the Republic of Cyprus and Bank of Cyprus for the establishment of the Oncology Centre was signed in November 1992. The Centre opened its doors to patients in September 1998.
The Centre comprises of two clinics: The Radiation Oncology, Radiation Diagnostic and Nuclear Medicine Clinic, headed by Dr. Demetris Andreopoulos and the Medical Oncology Clinic, headed by Dr. Demetris Papamichael.
The Centre is located in Nicosia, at 32 Acropoleos Avenue, next to Makarios Hospital, between Agios Demetrios Church and the Thalassemia Centre.