- Republic of Cyprus
- Bank of Cyprus Medical Foundation
VISION AND MISSION
- To address and treat cancer through state-of-the-art services.
- To collaborate with State hospitals, private clinics and patient associations.
- To develop initiatives and participate in cancer prevention and early detection programmes.
- To develop research and educational programmes.
- To establish and strengthen scientific relations with renowned oncology centres .
- To become a referral centre in the broader region.
BOARD OF TRUSTEE
- Lazaros Savvides – Chair
- Theodosis Tsiolas / Eliza Loizou
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health / Dr. Olga Kalakouta
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance / Stavros Michael
- Michalis Persianis
- Charis Pouangare
- Eliza Livadiotou (as from 2.2.2021)
FOUNDATION OF THE CENTRE
The agreement between the Republic of Cyprus and Bank of Cyprus for the establishment of the Oncology Centre was signed in November 1992. The Centre opened its doors to patients in September 1998.
The Centre comprises of three clinics: The Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine Clinic, headed by Dr. Demetris Andreopoulos, the Medical Oncology Clinic, headed by Dr. Demetris Papamichael and Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology, headed by Dr. Chloe Symeonidou.
The Centre is located in Nicosia, at 32 Acropoleos Avenue, next to Makarios Hospital, between Agios Demetrios Church and the Thalassemia Centre.