WHO WE ARE
Republic of Cyprus
Bank of Cyprus Medical Foundation
- To address and treat cancer through state-of-the-art services.
- To collaborate with State hospitals, private clinics and patient associations.
- To develop initiatives and participate in cancer prevention and early detection programmes.
- To develop research and educational programmes.
- To establish and strengthen scientific relations with renowned oncology centres .
- To become a referral centre in the broader region.
- Christos M. Triantafyllides - Chair (as from 18.1.2023)
- Pinelopi Papavassiliou - Replacement: Leonidas Pieri (as from 15.3.2023)
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health (Dr. Christina Yiannaki) - Replacement: Dr. Olga Kalakouta
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance (George Panteli) - Replacement: Yiola Georgiou
- Charis Pouangare
- Eliza Livadiotou
- Louis Pohanis
- CEO - Panos Ergatoudes
Accreditation by CHKS and ISO CertificationThe Centre has been accredited by CHKS (Caspe Healthcare Knowledge System), the UK based leading provider of healthcare intelligence and quality improvement services for hospitals worldwide.
In April 2022, the 3-year audit was conducted by the CHKS accreditation body and the Centre’s accreditation and ISO Certification, was renewed until April 2025.
The annual inspection was conducted in April 2023 successfully.
The Centre has been accredited for the quality of its service since 2007. It is the first medical centre in Greece and Cyprus to have obtained this accreditation.
All patients are attended to by oncologists specialising in the specific type of cancer.
The following main Special Units are currently operating
- Cancer of the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Urological Cancer
- Skin cancer
- Head & Neck cancer
- Tumours of the Central Nervous System
- Lymphomas / Leukaemia
- Soft Tissue Tumours (Sarcomas)